Thursday, December 18, 2008

Well Versed in the Ways of the World

Since I've been home I've been looking at old photos...well, I guess I shouldn't refer to them as "old" becuase they from this past summer. I guess they just seem old becuase of how different I look, I seem so young in all of them. Doing this has made me realize just how much I have grown up since I've been away. I don't just look different, I am different. You always hear people talk about how people change when they go away to college like its a bad thing, but it doesn't always have to be. I think I am the same person I was before I left, its just that I look at certain things differently. It has been said that it is not the person that creates the journey, but that it is the journey that shapes the person, and experience has taught me this first hand.

I used to live for other people instead of living for myself, and I was always the one who lost out in the end, so I stopped. I started doing things becuase I wanted to, not becuase other people would ask me to, or becuase it was what was expected of me. I stopped caring about what other people thought, becuase who am I really trying to impress? I was taken advantage of too many times, and I didn't want that to happen anymore. I know that I should live for myself, but its made me selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment